· Be the pinnacle technical leader for a product segment or Class of Trade (COT)
· Ensure technical excellence of Advanced Technology and R&D through communication of and training on industry best practices
· Ensure technical leadership through knowledge and communication of emerging technologies and market trends
· Support and advise senior leadership on technological questions
· Support recruitment of talent to build and sustain the R&D group
· Lead internal technology development projects and ensure successful and timely providing of information for completion of technical, development, innovation, and intellectual property deliverables for each PDP stage
· Network with technical and academic leaders, including through conferences and professional organizations, to maintain knowledge of technological developments
· Maintain visibility into customer needs and usage of products (will necessitate on-site travel)
· Work with R&D and marketing to identify and build technology and product roadmaps
Strategy, Planning, and Implementation
· Work with R&D, marketing, and medical functions to develop long-term competitive strategies for technology, including growth opportunities, adjacent markets, and white spaces.
· Lead the development of longer-range technology development plans
· Work with R&D and Legal to develop long-term innovation strategies
· Lead development of technological plans to drive innovation
· Complete and update technical landscapes, as well as technological plans on a periodic basis or as needed
· Serve as a POC for IP ideation
Tools and processes
· Identify and lead deployment of innovation methodologies and tools
· Identify and lead deployment of risk analysis techniques
· Work with marketing to establish and implement process to maintain current knowledge base of competitive and alternative technologies and research
· Ensure projects exiting Technology Development are appropriately risk-retired and documented
· Support R&D during development for outstanding technology development and risk retirement issues
M.S. degree in science or engineering, with PhD preferred.
10 years in relevant technology environments; medical industry preferred. Demonstrated leadership of research teams and technology development projects.
Strong experience in optical engineering, pneumatics, gas analysis, algorithm design, numerical methods, systems design, and clinical testing. Software development, electronics design, and knowledge of respiratory physiology a plus.
Strategic thinking, system-level thinking, requirements definition, general planning and organizational skills, ability to collaborate with and influence internal organizations, ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization.
Familiarity with general laboratory equipment and research software tools. Familiarity with product development processes.
משרה מספר 4476540